Sunday, August 4, 2013

#lastupdatefromMTC!

Thanks to everyone for writing me!  Tuesday was only the second day at the MTC that I didn't get at least one letter from family & friends - THANK YOU!!

Grandma Briggs sent me CARMELITAS!!! That was so perfect. Definitely taking them on the plane ride with me to Portugal.
 
Okay, one fun thing from this week. So, I've picked up beat-boxing a little bit. However, there is literally no music here except hymns. So... I beat-box to hymns. Its kind of fun. All of my sistrict sings so they started working out a harmony and our own arrangement of 'Come Thou Fount' while I beat box, and we performed to to the elders and they were literally blown away. Its pretty sick, if I do say so myself. Video to come. I think you'll be impressed :) we even left dinner a little early one day and found a room with a piano and practiced it. Also, the showers, for how gross they are, have the best acoustics, so there's lots of practicing in there too. We have some good times haha.
 
One thing they stress a lot here is that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. I'm going to need those blessings and miracles in a big way when I get out to Portugal, so Obedience is one of the things that I've been working on a lot and one of the goals I made for myself as far as the kind of missionary I want to be. We learn in D&C 82:10 that we are PROMISED blessings, he is BOUND when we are obedient. And temptation is real and hard to deal with, but the more we are obedient, even when its hard and our heart isn't in it all the way, the more we will have the spirit with us, gain a testimony of the things we're being obedient to, and we will be able to over come temptation. I encourage y'all to look at ways you could increase your obedience, even if  its just in the little things.
 
And family (and friends) WE HAVE SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR!!!! Guys, we are so blessed. I hope in your prayers you're saying thank yous at least half the time, if not more. WE ARE SO BLESSED!!! Not only temporally, but that we were all born into families with the gospel, with this truth and direction. I want to cry just thinking about it! where would we be with out this knowledge. I dont' know. And I want other families in Portugal to know how happy and blessed THEY can be through this message. argh fam bam i just love you and i hope you take some time to think about how how blessed we are.

Well, that's about it. Yep, this is a lame email. Sorry! But I love you and can't wait to hear from you and can't wait to serve in Portugal!!!
 
Much Love, family.
SO MUCH.
 
Paz, Amor, e Casamento do templo
 
Sister Kelly Briggs

Twins, even the same scriptures.  Creepy!



Travel Plans!!

The Great Escape.  Almost.




Sister Rappers

Rap video uploaded soon




Rugby Sisters, Missionary Sisters!





Erin's new pen pal

Study outside day!

Miracles do happen - Mom would be so proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment