Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 2 at the Provo Missionary Training Center



HEY EVERYONE!!!
Shout outs to Ali Smith, Paige Torgeson, Amanda Monn, Amanda Briggs, Nicole H, Aunt rachel, Aunt steph, Gma and Gpa moore, Mariah A, Abby Evans, Jordan Gray, Erin, Audrey, Ailene, Emily, Mary, and Mom and Dad for writing me. Special shout outs to Paige who sent me a box of goodies from the chocolate!!! BEST DAY EVER!!! and Jordan who sang a song for me and sent it. it was awesome.
Okay, Dad, I'm not sure how you did it, but i got SO MUCH MAIL THIS WEEK AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!! Seriously, such a blessing. Nine dearelders in one day!!! Nine!!!! Oh it was the best day ever. Keep it up!!! I love it so much!!!! It was so good to hear from everyone. I've gotten something in the mail EVERY DAY!!! Let’s keep this streak going!
 So now that we've kind of gotten into the swing of things here at the MTC, things have slowed down quite a bit. The days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days, the time is flying and the days are just blurring together because we do the same thing day in and day out. I mean, I could tell you about all the portugues verb tenses I learned about, but I doubt you wanna hear. Just know I’m working hard and learning lots and loving it. Thanks for the prayers and fasting!!! It’s definitely felt.
 This week sister Kropf got called as sister training leader, or as I like to call it, Sistrict Leader haha. I called that from a mile away, she's perfect. I also call the sisters in our district, sistrict or sistrito a lot (#sistrict, its a thing) or sister-docio, because the word for priesthood in portuguese is sacerdocio. haha so great. Since sister Kropf has a lot of meetings and such to go to throughout the week, I get a lot of time to be in a tri-panionship with sisters Rosemann and Vomocil, hereafter referred to as Rosemocil. They are SO GREAT!!! haha I’m so grateful for the time that I get to spend with them, they are hilarious and we laugh so much and just have a great time. We’ve already planned a Just Dance party in Provo when we're all back from our missions. Sis Rosemann is from salt lake and Sis vomocil goes to BYU, so I’m so excited to do that haha. They're just the greatest. We might start playing teacher bingo with our teachers, or with sister Kropf because she has the best sayings haha.
 So we have two teachers, one was our teacher from the beginning, Irmao perkes who is pretty great, and this week he's started to pretend he's our investigator which is kind of weird, but it’s one of the miracles of the MTC that we still get so much out of those experiences. Our other teacher is Irmao lemperle, who was our original investigator, Zito, and I would love to send a picture of him but these computers are dumb and I don't have an extra memory card... family. Anyway, Sister Rosemann actually went to high school with him, and GET THIS. He was in theatre and choir and stuff all through school, and was Troy Bolton when they did high school musical and his senior year they did Cats. The musical. As in he put on spandex and had a mane and whiskers painted on his face and oh my goodness its just hilarious to think about. He doesn't know we know this, btw, but we let slip to the elders that he was Troy, and that was pretty funny when he found out. He gave sis. rosemann quite the look hahahahahaha. Oh man, the things we laugh about. We're going to try to incorporate some of the lyrics from HSM into our lessons with him (he's our investigator again, this time he's miguel), such as getcha head in the game, through the atonement we're breaking free, you don't have to stick to the status quo, all souls are of worth to God. hahaha. Please someone write me and tell me they laughed at this part.
My sistrict all loves to sing so they made me join the MTC choir and we sing at Tuesday night devotionals, so I sit there and study Portuguese and then when the time comes I mouth the words, and this week I was mouthing the words and the camera scanned over us and I got on the big screen, while mouthing the words haha. Just my luck. Oh also if anyone wants to see a picture of our District leader, go on the lds.org, dress and groom standards for missionaries, go to the elders section and click suits. Apparently Elder Muniz (good looking Hispanic dude, go find him on there) is also a part time model, nbd. Sometimes I love the elders, and sometimes i want them to grow up.
Sister Lauren Mickelson came this week and she's on my same floor so I see her all the time and I love it. Such a blessing to have a good friend so close. Also I saw Sis Kate Sorensen this week!! She's on the west campus but on Pdays her district comes to the regular campus to eat hang out so I got to see her and it was so good to talk to her! She’s doing great. One of my favorite things to do at the MTC is look at name tags and guess where people are going. It’s amazing to see the work go forth to all the world. Most common languages are Spanish, going to a variety of places, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, and a bunch of people going to the Philippines, and then I’ve also seen French, Polish, Finnish, Samoan, Marshallese going to the Marshal Islands, a bunch of other random island places, lots of Russians... It’s incredible. I love it. My floor is all portugues, the classes above us are all Russian, and below us is French and Italian. How amazing. I love the feeling here. When you walk around the main buildings there's pictures all on the walls of missionaries from years ago all over the world, from the 50's to the 2000s in so many places and it’s just inspiring, to join this great heritage of gathering Israel. Gosh I love it so much.
The spirit here is so strong. I am just filled with a desire to work hard so I can serve with all my heart. People, Heavenly Father loves his children, this church is true, the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God, the power of the atonement is real. I feel it daily. I wish I had the time to type out everything that I've learned but I need you to study it out and pray about it personally and know for yourself that these things are true. I know you will feel the spirit I feel daily here in God's army if you do that. SO DO IT SO YOU CAN BE HAPPY!!!! Really. The church is true people. I'll do better at including a spiritual though next time haha..
Anyway, love you all so stinking much. Thanks for the prayers and fasts about Portuguese, they're needed and much felt. And thanks for the letters above all, so good to hear from you all.
Love you family and friends. Keep the faith.
Peace, Love and Temple Marriage.
Sister Kelly Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment